SOLID is an acronym which stands for SRP, OCP, LSP, ISP and DIP. These five acronyms in their turn stand for:
- Single Responsibility Principle
- Open/Closed Principle
- Liskov Substitution Principle
- Interface Segregation Principle
- Dependency Inversion Principle
In this course, you’ll learn how to apply meta and SOLID principles so that your application will live a long healthy life. It means you are going to learn how to write code of the high quality: readable, understandable and reliable.
Improve your knowledge in object-oriented programming
- Understand the meta-principles on which all the other development principles are based
- Understand the symptoms of code defects
- Learn the foundations of SOLID principles
- Learn how to detect the violations of SOLID principles and how to fix the problems
- Learn how meta-principles and SOLID principles are related to each other and how to find the balance between them
Foundations of writing object-oriented code
Despite the fact that C# is a very rich on features language, it's very common to see poorly designed and implemented applications in a real world. Language by itself does not guarantee that the architecture of an application will be great. In order to design and build maintainable software, we need to understand the principles of software development. This video course is exactly about how to achieve clean and maintainable software.
You probably have already heard the following well-known statement: most code sucks. Well, this course is all about how to produce code which doesn't suck.
Owning skills of producing a well-designed and well-implemented types is the prerequisite for the other developers to treat you as a decent professional.
Content and Overview
This course is aimed at middle and senior developers. Solid experience in C# is required.
There are plenty of code examples throughout this course so that you will learn both theoretical and practical material. Starting with SOLID principles we will go further to the meta-principles. Going through the SOLID principles, you’ll also learn about the related patterns. Then we will get to the problem of contradictions between different principles. You’ll learn about the relationships between SOLID principles and meta-principles.
In general, you’ll learn in this course:
These are the SOLID principles. You’ll learn the background problems that can be solved by particular principle, you’ll see the demonstrations in code, you’ll learn the related patterns to every principle.
you’ll, in addition, learn what is Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, IoC-Containers
and what are the architectural implications of DI
Here are other topics you’ll learn in the course:
- DRY – don’t repeat yourself
- KISS – keep it simple stupid
- YAGNI – You Ain’t Gonna Need It
- SoC – separation of concerns
- CQS – command query separation
- Law of Demeter
- Principle of Least Astonishment
- Information Hiding and Encapsulation
- API Development Principles
- Contradiction between SOLID and YAGNI
- Contradiction between OCP and YAGNI
- What is Architecture and Design
How long is this course: The course is around 4.5 hours. All are video lectures. You will be able to download all the slides and code samples used in the course.